I am personally on a floor kick lately. Yes, I do rock a little Flor in my own home and I am always looking for inspiring ideas for taking it up a notch. There are some ideas that I keep coming back to and one is a stenciled floor. Love this.
The rustic yet elegant vibe of a stenciled floor is super appealing to me – I just haven’t had the guts to go for it. If you are ready to take the stencil plunge, here are a few tips for making it happen.
- Make sure your floor is clean and dry. Dust is not what you want during this project.
- Consider making your own custom floor stencil using a posted board.
- Have some heavy duty tape handy to hold down your stencil.
- Instead of brush strokes, tap the brush to apply the paint. This will help with any paint bleeding under the stencil.
- Allow time and then more time for your newly stenciled floor to dry.
- Have fun!
(Image via Eat, Drink, Chic)