Eclectic spaces have always been a go-to move of mine, so when I first spotted the Cut Flowers design in this month’s new arrival section at FLOR, I shrieked with joy. Any time an accessory or furnishings makes me squeal, I begin to envision the space I would build around that very statement piece.
Naturally, I wanted to take you along for the ride. Presenting, a room fit for my favorite Flor tile (whew – say that three times fast!). My vision? A quirky kitchen nook:
1. Our shining star FLOR paves the way for patterned accents and statement solids.
2. Every quirky room needs a quirky pendant.
3. Bright coral polka dotted curtains provide a touch of color to offset the dark flooring.
4. Floral cups reflect our floral patterned tiles in a subtle fashion.
5. Traditional Stockholm chairs ground the nook, providing a classic that won’t easily fade with trends.
6. Patterned plates become a surprising neutral when paired with bolder colors.
7. The industrial stool plays off our birdcage-inspired lighting and lends an aged aesthetic to the space.
8. A recycled magazine bowl gives amount of texture and play to the room.
9. Play it safe with a modern and gorgeous wood and iron table.
Fun, yes? Ah, to dine daily in this fun little space. Elbows off the table, please!