I've been having a lot of fun helping my sister and my mom revamp their living room. While I was there last week, I used a dynamic room planning tool to create this diagram of how they could rearrange their furniture to make the space flow better.
My next step was to troll the interwebs looking for items that would go along with their current furniture and the current paint color, that would move their vision of a light, airy room with a coastal vibe into place.
I put together an inspiration board with some of the bigger pieces.
So, without further ado, here's my plan.
1) Large scale, sepia toned, graphic artwork for the long wall across from the entertainment center.
3) Slim lined recliner chair with bold, graphic pattern to someday replace current big, blue recliner.
4) Collection of small frames to fill space between top of entertainment center and ceiling. Inspiration found on Page 36 of the 2011 Ikea Catalog.
5) Hemnes TV Storage system in white. Pictured here from the 2011 Ikea Catalog.
6) Mango wood and Iron side table for visual interest and to bring more rustic elements into the space.
7) Jute, or natural fiber area rug to define seating area and bring texture into the space.
8) Glass lamp with sea grass shade for sofa table.
I think these pieces, which they plan to add over time, will really work very well with the antiques that are already in the room. Next is to carefully select some accessories that will further dress the space.
Have you ever redesigned a room from afar?