The other day I was perusing my favorite procrastination place: Pinterest. I saw this gorgeous iPhone skin from Cosmo Cricket. The pattern and the colors totally spoke to me so I did what any normal, procrastinating person would do…
…I created a palette…
(dusty peacock blue, chalky blue green, sage green, cream, coral red, mustard yellow/gold)
…from which I pulled together an inspiration board for a living room I will never get to live in. But you can totally benefit from my finds!
(click on the image to see a larger board)
- I started off with that rich, dusty peacock blue color for the walls – or in this case, the background of my inspiration board.
- I wanted to keep the upholstery neutral, so I selected this natural linen sofa from Crate and Barrel – I love how leggy it is.
- Also decidedly leggy is a Louis XV French Medallion occasional chair in gold, upholstered in cream
- Grounding our space is FLOR’s very own Shear Indulgence accent rug in Wharfedale White – so fluffy and soft and unique!
- I pulled in the other colors in the inspiration palette with accessories
- A gorgeous, 1960′s Lacquered Metal, Faux Bamboo coffee table. I would like it to have a bit more heft in the space, but it is still beautiful none-the-less
- Colorful throw pillows with bold colors and patterns from Etsy sellers MiCasaBella and crabbychris
- Colored glass table lamps from Pottery Barn – the gold or the aqua would work here
- The increasingly ubiquitous hive vase from West Elm in turquoise as well as their mother of pearl boxes
- A fantastic statement piece, like this mirror from Uttermost found on Amazon.com with special thanks to Young House Love for featuring it on their site
- A large piece of vintage coral sourced from Circa Who
So there you go…a beautiful living room design all from a cell phone skin! Where have you found inspiration lately?