Feel and experience FLOR firsthand with samples.
Try out different colors and textures in your home with 6”x6” samples.Order Samples
Last updated: February 3, 2015
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
Our Site uses various forms for customers and other visitors to request information and to order products and samples. As described below, we collect personally identifiable information from customers and other visitors primarily so that we may process their orders and requests, but also so that we may enhance our services to our Site visitors, make each visit as pleasant and helpful as possible, and track trends and statistics. During the checkout process on our Site, we ask for certain information (such as name, address, e-mail, telephone number and credit card information) which is necessary to process and ship orders or respond to requests. Personally identifiable information may be transmitted to contracted third parties for the purpose of shipping an order, sample or other items. We may also share or disclose information in order to conform to or comply with legal requirements, to protect the rights of FLOR or to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of FLOR personnel or the public.
We may also periodically obtain personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about you from FLOR affiliates, business partners, or other third parties, which we add to our account or other information we have collected.
We may collect and store personally identifiable information about other people that you provide to us. If you use the Site to send others a product as a gift, information that may interest them, or messages through our systems, we may store your information as well as the information of the recipient(s).
The Site may collect non-personally identifiable information, such as type of browser, operating system, domain name, or IP address, through the use of web beacons and other similar technology. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you visit pages on our Site, our servers may log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. Your IP Address is used to gather broad demographic information only. A User Transaction ID is created each time you enter FLOR Web sites. This ID is used to keep track of your order and other requests. We may also include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and/or acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
FLOR may also give users the opportunity to answer questions which assist us in our marketing efforts. It is optional for customers to answer marketing questions. However, we encourage our customers to answer these questions so we can provide a more personalized experience on our Site.
- Authorized service providers. We may share personally identifiable information with our vendors and authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting Site functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Site, catalogs, by phone or mail. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners. When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through the Site, catalogs, or through our other services, we may share personally identifiable information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to that merchant.
- Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- FLOR affiliates. We may share information we collect, including personally identifiable information, with FLOR affiliates. Sharing information with our businesses enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
- Other situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
To most effectively use this Site, a customer can complete our My Account registration process. During registration, we may ask a customer to select unique identifiers (such as username and password) and provide contact information (such as name, email address, day time phone numbers and shipping address). We may also ask registered customers if they would like to receive via e-mail special announcements or offers from us. Customers may opt-out of receiving such e-mail (see the choice/opt-out section below). Business partners and professional visitors requesting access to specialized content areas may be required to provide identifying information for verification purposes.
You may have heard of the term "cookies". Cookies are routinely used by most, if not all, E-commerce merchants, including FLOR. Cookies are small blocks of text which are sent to your browser from a Web site. We use 'persistent' and 'non-persistent' cookies on our Site to provide you with the best presentation of the information currently available. 'Persistent' cookies store text which is available to us when you return to our Site. 'Non-persistent' cookies are temporary information which is eliminated once you close your internet browser and/or shut down your computer. Only our Site has access to the information in our cookies. This information about the user enables us to track and personalize the Site to enhance your experience. For instance, by setting a cookie on our Site, we can provide you with storage of items in your shopping cart between visits.
These cookies can in no way be used by us or anyone else to get data from your hard drive, obtain your e-mail address or access sensitive information about you as an individual. Cookies must meet strict specifications to ensure that they are not used to compromise security.
We take credit card information security seriously and use a variety of technical solutions to make shopping safe at our Site. Your information is encrypted and is protected utilizing the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of your browser becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just 'surfing'.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect user- information off-line. All of the information of our Site's users, including the sensitive information mentioned above, is maintained in a restricted section in our offices. Only those of our employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our account or Customer Care representatives) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, our employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of passwords which may be issued to you and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, FLOR cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
If you have any questions about the security at our Site, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our Site, you consent to the foregoing collection and use of information by FLOR. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
Our Site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. To remove your information from our lists so that you will not receive future communications, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or go to our Unsubscribe Options.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Site because such information may be required in order for you to register; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional e-mails or newsletters from us. When your register or provide your e-mail address, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about special offers. You may modify your choice at any time. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- We may share your name and mailing address with carefully selected businesses for purposes of sending you relevant catalog, magazine or fundraising offers in the mail. The DMA's Mail Preference Service reduces the availability of your name and address to many other direct marketing companies. To learn more, visit www.dmaconsumers.org.
Our company contact points:
Toll Free: 1-866-952-4093
Mail: FLOR, 600 W. Van Buren Street Suite 800, Chicago, Illinois 60607
Attn: Customer Service
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by e-mail to kbrannigan@FLOR.com or write us at: Attn: California Privacy Rights Info Request, FLOR, 600 W. Van Buren Street Suite 800, Chicago, Illinois 60607. We will respond to such requests for information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally collect information from children under 13. If you have reason to believe that we have collected information from someone under 13 years of age, please let us know.
Visiting from outside the United States