Feel and experience FLOR firsthand with $2 samples.
Try out different colors and textures in your home with 6”x6” samples.Order Samples
You've got questions? We've got answers. Below are some of your most frequently asked questions and our answers. If you don't find what you're looking for below and need more assistance, please call Customer Care at 1.866.952.4093 or email us for more information.
Watch how easy it is to assemble FLOR using our patented FLORdots, below. If DIY is not your thing, FLOR now offers Professional Installation Services in select markets. Check availability and pricing in your area.
FLOR 19.7” (50 cm) carpet squares come in array of styles consisting of a complementing range of colors and textures. Beautiful on their own or when coordinated together, FLOR squares allow you the flexibility to create a design individual to your taste, your need and your space.
Putting a FLOR design all together in your home is quick, easy and creatively fun. From area rugs, to runners to wall-to-wall floorcoverings, FLOR has you covered with assembly guidance, instruction and options.
Our ingenious, patentedare what hold the innovative design system of FLOR together. These one-sided, non-toxic adhesives stick to the bottom of each square - sticky side up. The square then adheres to its carpet square neighbor - not to the floor underneath - for sturdy, secure positioning that holds area rugs, runners and wall-to-wall designs in place.
With FLORdots there’s no need for smelly glues, sharp nails or even floor pads. Plus, FLOR’s expertly engineered backing is designed to “hug” the floor underneath, making standard rug and carpet padding obsolete.
Once a rug has been “dotted” it cannot be returned so be sure you are satisfied with your design before final application of the FLORdots to the bottom of the squares.
Clean and smooth floors - Yes. FLOR can be installed virtually in any indoor area that has a clean, hard, dry surface. It can also be installed over smooth, fully-cured (minimum 90 days) concrete floors. Concrete needs to be sealed with a Non-solvent based sealer before installing FLOR. Call our customer care at 866.952.4093 for recommended sealers.
Over floor treatments - No. FLOR should not be installed over carpeting or padding, because it will cause the squares to separate when weight is applied to the surface.
In addition, FLOR should not be installed over floors with hand painted or vintage varnish finish and unfinished waxed floors, because contact with FLOR’s backing could cause damage to the floor underneath.
FLOR is not recommended for outdoor use. As a general rule, FLOR squares should not be totally submerged or soaked in water or mud. Doing so can deteriorate the materials. For more information, call us at 1.866.952.4093.
FLOR squares are assembled in one of two ways:
(1) monolithically, or laying all of the squares in the same direction. There is a directional arrow on the back of each square to guide the correct placement.
Or (2), in a parquet pattern with the squares (and directional arrows) rotated 90 degrees from each other to form a geometric pattern.
FLOR will recommend a square direction specific to your own design, but the final creative decision is always yours.
Area rug, Runner, Wall-to-Wall
Preparing to assemble your FLOR is the same when designing an area rug, a runner or a wall-to-wall floorcovering.
- Clear the area and lay down some of the squares in the area you choose.
- Once you’ve decided on the position, begin connecting the carpet squares together using FLORdots (sticky side up) at the corner. Press firmly to secure the FLORdots at the bottom of each square. Continue on until your design is complete.
- Once a rug has been “dotted” it cannot be returned so be sure you are satisfied with your design before final application of the FLORdots to the bottom of the squares.
Often it’s necessary to trim squares for your design, specifically with a wall-to-wall floorcoverings where squares align with the wall. Area rugs and runners may require trimming for design customizations.
- You’ll need a metal, straight edge and a sharp carpet knife, both of which are available in one of our handy .
- Use the metal edge to guide the knife and score (create a cut groove) the back of the square a few times to get a clean cut.
- Or, try our and we’ll do all the cutting for you. Call 1.866.952.4093 to learn more or to place your Custom-Cut order.
makes it easy to remove and replace squares. Save your extra FLOR squares to use in future replacements - a décor change or a damaged square - should the need arise. Or consider donating your extra squares to a charity.
When you FLOR is done being useful - we want it back. Send your old squares back to us to be made into new product through our, so no FLOR will end up in a landfill. Call 1.866.952.4093 for more information.
Professional Installation and Assembly Services Now Available in Select Areas
With our new Professional Installation and Assembly Services, one of our preferred network installers will visit your home and help assemble your FLOR design when your time is fleeting or when you simply want a helping hand. They are experienced, courteous and reliable professionals who will lay your FLOR design - rug, runner or wall-to-wall - with care and skill. Contact your local store for professional installers.
- Step-by-step instructions and helpful tips are available in each FLOR box.
- Download our FLOR installation instructions or watch our video for thorough, live action instruction.
- Or, call one of our friendly and knowledgeable FLOR Design Consultants at 1.866.952.4093 for help. They’ll talk you through the best way to lay your FLOR squares, how to use FLORdots, and answer any other questions you may have.